Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Banana & Choc Bread

EDITED :    Just made this again a day or so again, and if your banana's are not already pretty soft - just about past the point of no return as mine mostly are when I decide to 'banana bread' them  ...  then, when u add the banana's , last step ,  go for reverse, speed 2, 1 minute   : )

A lucky friend of mine, has a Thermomix on loan whilst her friend is o/seas , lucky girl hey ?

I do get asked quite a bit, ' how can I use my own recipes in the Thermomix ' ?
Well you can, you  experiment, and over time you get used to a new, easier and quicker way of preparing your recipes. Perhaps even with less additives, such as 'anti-caking agents.  Win !

So here is my 'thermi-fied' conversion of the requested recipe,

Bill Granger's Choc Banana Bread 

250 grams p. flour
2 tspns baking powder
125 grams unsalted butter, softened , cut into chunks
200 grams raw sugar
4 ripe banana's (or 2 large banana's) chopped into large rough chunks
2 eggs
1 tspn vanilla extract
175 grams choc chips

  • Blitz the sugar, 3 seconds, speed 9   ( hello caster sugar ! )  
  • Add butter to TMX, 3 seconds, speed 7
  • Add flour, baking powder, eggs, & vanilla.  15 seconds, speed 4
  • Add banana & choc chips, Reverse blade, 1 minute, speed interval.
Bake in a loaf tin about 1 hour, 15 mins.

Good luck Mrs R  : )

Note :  I have reduced the sugar by a quarter, I still think it is veryyy  sweet, I will reduce by another 20 grams or so when I make this again, which will be soon - yum !






No comments:

Post a Comment